For The Fruit:
1/2 Cup Dairy Free Butter
2 Cups Frozen Blueberries
1 Tablespoon Sugar
For The Batter:
1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Clementine Zest
1/4 Cup Clementine Juice
1/4 Cup Dairy Free Butter, melted
About 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
About 1 1/2 Tablespoons Raw Sugar To Sprinkle On Top
Preheat oven to 325°.
1. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan and add the blueberries and sugar. Simmer softly for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (minus the almonds & raw sugar) and mix until just until smooth.
3. Pour half the batter into a square baking pan.
4. With a slotted spoon, cover the batter with the berries, then add about 2/3 of the juice over the berries. You will have a little left over.
5. Top with the remaining batter and sprinkle with the almonds and sugar.
6. Bake for about 35 minutes. You want to remove it from the oven when the middle is just done, maybe even slightly underdone.
Serve on its own or with almond milk.
Oh, this cake looks so delicious! I will have to give it a try this coming weekend!
I love the colours that blueberries make in a dish. Sounds delicious!
Love your recipes and the fact that they are gluten free, makes them extra special. So I had to nominate you for the Versatile Blogger award. Do check out my blog http://averilgomes.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/the-versatile-blogger-award/ and another goes into your virtual award cabinet.
Thank you for your kind words and nominating me, Averil! I was just recently chosen for the versatile blogger award by another blogger. I’m also already subscribed to your lovely blog! Thank you again, and have a wonderful Monday. 🙂